Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Where do I go from here?

For over nine years Mike and I have been trying to start/have/add to our family. It's started one year after we were married when I was diagnosed with PCOS and has continued off and on over the years until November 11. We found out on that date that our final in vitro did not work. My heart is broken. But at the same time I can not explain to you the relief that I feel to know that that chapter is closed. I will never have to take another shot or feel the embarrassment of so many stirrup visits. I won't miss it. But how do you put to rest a dream you've carried your whole life. Now, I KNOW that I am blessed. I know that God granted me a miracle the day the orphanage workers placed Riley into my arms. I know that I am blessed because I have a husband who loves me dearly no matter if my ovaries work properly or not. And I have said it before and I will say it again, I could care less about genetics. I just wanted to have the experience of being pregnant. Of feeling that baby kick, of getting those ultrasounds, yes even labor. The ache is still here. I wanted Riley to get the opportunity to be a big sister. She would have been such a good one. So, where do I go from here? I thanked God for answering my prayer even if it wasn't the answer I was hoping for. Because, I know, as He has shown me time and again that God sees what I can't see. My friend, Jenny, talks about Heaven eyes alot. Man, what I wouldn't give to have some sometimes. Maybe even some temporary contacts for a little bit. But I guess that is where the faith part comes in huh. I made a decision a long time ago that no matter what happens in this journey that I would love God anyway. And even though it's hard sometimes, I will and I do. But sometimes I question why this is my lot in life. But then I look at Riley and I know that she was part of God's plan for my life. One of the very best parts. A true gift. I am starting to realize, yet again, that maybe the process isn't as important as the end result. So, we are prayerfully seeking to adopt again. It's gone up quite a bit in price since we adopted Riley so that creates a problem but we are praying for other windows to open as well. And because my best friend Tina keeps reminding me, we continue to pray for the desires of our heart. That we will have another child. That Riley will be a big sister. However God sees fit. I will keep you updated on our journey. I have to be better about updating. Not that you are waiting on pins and needles for my next blog but it's therapy nonetheless.

4 comments:

mommy2alj said...

Jamie, I have followed your journey for sometime now and have prayed for you as you walk down this road with the Lord. I have no great words of wisdom, except that God is sovereign and as in my own life, I cannot explain all of the things God has me walk through, I know that He has never let me walk alone. I love you, my sister in Christ and enjoy all of your updates.

The Preppy Peach said...

Jamie: I am crying as I ready this. I can't express in words how much I'd just like to give you a great big hug and a cup of hot-cocoa right now. You and Mike are in my prayers as you go through this tough time. I know God has a plan for you. Please know what kind of difference you make in others lives everyday and that more people love and care for you than you could possibly know.

Anonymous said...

Jamie, I have had you in my prayers and thoughts since the first time Tina mentioned you at Bible Baptist and your adoption of Riley. I know that God has blessed us greatly with our two little girls and I have always prayed that your family will be blessed with more children. I know that he will answer your prayers and that Riley will get to be a big sister. Please know that I do think about you and care for you and your family greatly. Jennifer Kirkland

The Hackney's said...

Jamie: Thank you for sharing your journey. You are such an inspiration! Your faith and the ability to share it even in times of trial is amazing! I am glad to know you and call you my sister! I love you, Mike, and Riley so much. I truly miss spending time together. Please know that you are in my prayers and thank you again!

God bless and TFJ!
Annissa