Monday, June 30, 2008

God speaks...

God speaks to me. Not in the skies parting, bushes burning way (although sometimes I wish it could be that simple)and sometimes He has to speak a little slower and a lot louder so I will hear it but nevertheless He speaks. As a Christian, I truly love those moments. Those moments when I hear His still quiet voice guiding me or answering a prayer or maybe in a moment of conviction in letting me know of something I should or should not be doing. I often wonder what it must have been like to walk in the days of Jesus. To hear Him speak and offer counsel and advice like those we often seek from our friends. When I struggle with difficult moments in my life and when I am in the middle of a storm I find myself asking God most of all what is the big picture? Oh how I wish He could come sit beside me on the couch and tell me why things are happening the way they are. But I take great comfort in knowing that He truly sees what I can not. If there is one thing, one lesson, I have learned repeatedly in my Christian walk is that God sees the big picture. He has shown it to me time and again. When things happen and I am experiencing so much hurt, He will find a way to let me know in that gentle, grace filled manner only He has that I am not in control. Boy does that stink sometimes. It is hard for me to relinquish control on my life. To truly give Him the burdens of my heart. And the crazy thing about it is I know that if I would just do it He would give me rest as the Bible says because His yoke is easy and His burden is light. My prayer for my heart now is to find contentment. Contentment in the blessings I have. In all the wonderous things He has given me. I will not stop praying for my desires of my heart but I will ask God to give me contentment until He sees fit to reveal the big picture. Until that time comes, I will continue to take time to slow down and listen and wait for Him to speak to me. And I will keep one eye on the skies and bushes because you never know...

No comments: